Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Photo Restoration

Oldies But Goodies

Old pictures fascinate me! Somehow, after spending hours restoring photos pixel by pixel, I feel more connected to the past.

(All the images below should change back and forth between the original and the restored. If they do not, please click on the image itself, otherwise you will not see the restoration. I don't understand why the images are sometimes properly animated and other times not.)

Here's a picture of my father, Stanley Michalik, holding a cat in May, 1923. Notice how the restored picture reveals his eyes previously hidden in darkness.
Blemishes and fingerprints can also be removed as shown in this picture of my Dad at Camp Rucker, Alabama in October, 1943:
I have no date for this picture.
This restored photo was taken by my Dad in devastated Cologne, Germany in May, 1945 shortly after World War II ended in Europe.
This photo of Dad in Morristown, NJ on July 20, 1947 is greatly improved by blemish removal!
There's even a way to remove blemishes left by faulty development of the original photographic film! Check out this slightly blurry picture of my Dad helping me walk on June 7, 1949.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon