Tuesday, September 15, 2015

First Day of School

Kindergarten and Preschool

My granddaughters, Sophie and Annabelle, passed a major milestone last week. Sophie started kindergarten, and Annabelle started preschool. Sophie took great care preparing her backpack for the big day.
Annabelle got some breakfast in her special chair.
Then it was time for pictures. Three cameras were furiously clicking!
Grandparents took their turn in the photo limelight.
It was time to walk to the bus stop. Sophie's entourage included her Mom, sister, and three grandparents.
Sophie met a new friend at the bus stop, a kindergarten classmate. Soon they were looking for bugs together.
When the bus arrived, Sophie set off cheerfully on her new adventure.
Later, Annabelle was warmly greeted by her teacher at her special preschool.
Annabelle gets along with everybody. Soon she was happily installed in her special chair and busy with her classmates.
My earliest memories begin in kindergarten - memories of mistakes, disasters, and misunderstandings. I hope Sophie and Annabelle, instead, will have happy memories of friendships and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon