Sunday, January 15, 2017

Grandfather's Joy

Grandkids Frolic

How could I be a grumpy old man when I have grandkids like these?
Little Annabelle has made great progress lately exploring the world with increasing mobility.
Annabelle was so happy to crawl on her own through snow after a recent storm.
Big sister Sophie enjoys building elaborate marble runs with three sets of Hape Quadrilla Marble Runs I have given her over the years. A few days ago Sophie and her Dad constructed some magnificent cascades.
Marbles descend on straight or curved tracks, spiral on circular tracks, take alternate paths at random, and even strike musical chimes as they steadily travel downhill. These monumental marble runs were exactly what I had in mind when I pictured Sophie and her Dad working together to build them.
Looks like fun, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon