Sunday, July 3, 2022

Beach Time

Sunny Days

Weather was nearly perfect for our annual beach trip this year. Only one brief overnight shower interrupted a string of beautiful mild sunny days. The rental house was in good shape. Keegan, our resident engineer and handyman, set up a hammock and hammock chair with Sophie's help on one of the porches.It wasn't long before Sophie and C were relaxing in the hanging chair.Father and daughter enjoyed hanging around.It's only a short distance to the beach. Annabelle goes in her specialized "Wike".The well-equipped family heads off to the ocean.

Ellen and Keegan spent hours relaxing under their new Sun shade. Sophie got some nap time between water activities.

Annabelle doesn't enjoy the beach very much because she's mostly confined to her "Wike". She REALLY enjoys the backyard pool, however, where the buoyancy of her neck float allows her to move around by kicking and paddling. She happily drifts around chirping/singing her characteristic "Oh, yeah" as she goes.After beach time everyone hangs around the pool while Annabelle has her fun.Sophie loves her phone at the pool or inside.
Sophie loved the new dress she got while visiting boardwalk shops in Duck.
Annabelle likes to sit at the table with everyone else.Ellen and I have a jigsaw puzzle bash each summer at the beach. This year we started with an ambitious 1,000-piece Wentworth puzzle featuring colorful birds. Assembly was initially daunting because pieces had unusual shapes. It was hard to identify border pieces without the usual straight edges. Eventually, we got the hang of it and finished in less than a week. The end result was quite pretty!
With extra puzzle time available, Ellen broke out another bird puzzle. This one was much easier, with only 500 traditionally shaped pieces. With Sophie's help we soon finished.Ellen and Keegan posed for a nice sunset portrait up in the crow's nest.
Traffic on the drive home was amazingly backup free this year, even on the 8-mile-long nightmare construction segment on Interstate 64. Maybe construction will finally be complete for next year's trip, but, at the present progress rate, I'm not hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon