Monday, August 29, 2011

Movie Sequel

Sequel Mentioned in Previous Post

A movie sequel is often not as good as the original. My second movie produced from images taken on August 20 is not as interesting as the previously posted movie. The previously posted movie showed sunspot 1271. Another significant sunspot visible on August 20 was sunspot 1272 shown here on the left as it approached the Sun's rim:
(Click for full detail.)
 Sunspot 1272 did not show much activity at the time I observed. Thirty minutes in the life of this sunspot between 10:25am and 10:55am EDT is shown below:
(This might take some time to load before it plays at proper speed.)
Seeing conditions were rapidly deteriorating while this video was recorded, so some of the frames are a bit blurry. Some rotation is also visible because I still haven't completely mastered image alignment. On the other hand, there are a couple of small gas eruptions near the bright area in the center and this movie took much less time to produce than my first movie. I'll be trying more movies in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon