Sunday, September 9, 2012

Photo Restorations

Cleaning Up The Past

I recently gained access to a number of old family pictures I had never seen before. The first picture below is my daughter's great great grandfather, John Jacob Katenbaugh/Kettenbach, born in 1862. The picture is so old it was on metal instead of paper! It took hours to clean this image, but the result was worth the effort.
Another of my daughter's great great grandfathers is Charles Christian Harms, born in 1858. He is shown seated below. I was able to remove some stains and torn blemishes.
More torn defects were removed from the following picture of my daughter's great grandmother, Margaret Catherine Harms Gaydell, the daughter of Charles Harms. Margaret was born in 1896, so the picture below is from approximately 1898.
Finally, stains, blemishes, and grime were removed from this amazing picture of both my wife's maternal great grandparents holding my wife's infant mother in approximately 1922.
Click on the images to see them in full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon