Monday, May 11, 2020

Quarantine Bears

Daily Bright Spot

Many families are spending more time together during the corona virus lockdown. I've seen unusual numbers of parents walking on neighborhood streets together with young children. Someone on social media suggested homeowners might put a few stuffed animals in windows or on lawns so kids could look for them on neighborhood walks. At one particular house the owner has been exceptionally creative! I look forward to biking past this house often to see the latest exhibit of stuffed bears.

Below are some examples of these delightful displays. One day the bears (wearing masks of course) were watching a football game on TV. Check out the snacks! (Click on the image to enlarge and read the sign.)
Another day the bears prepared for a bike ride.
This bear is a weightlifter, complete with audience! (Click on the image and enlarge so you can read the sign.)
One bear, with drink, listens to the Bangles on his stereo.
Sometimes, the bears play checkers.
Then Goldilocks and the Three Bears appeared.
One porridge was too hot, one too cold, and one just right. (Sometimes the wind blows attached signs and makes then hard to read.)
Goldilocks and the chairs.
Bears have chores!
This bear is repairing a boat motor!
Relaxed bears watch kids in pool.
Headed for a ski trip.
I wish I had taken pictures of bears at the beach and bears teaching a class of little stuffed animals. People in this neighborhood love walking by to chuckle at the daily bright spot displayed at this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon