Sunday, December 30, 2012

Outdoor 3D

It's a 3D World

Instructions for how to view stereo images with the cross-eye method can be found here, here, and here. Click on the images below for better viewing. When you click on these images they are displayed in new larger windows with fewer surrounding distractions.

I went outside in early December to continue 3D imaging. Here's my favorite part of the Lynchburg bike path. The depth of the receding path in the center shows up nicely.




This stereo pair seems to have a very strong 3D effect, particularly in the tree branches on the left side and the row of green trees on the right side. This is one of the best depth portrayals I've achieved so far.




I hoped this fence might make a good 3D image, but it's not as dramatic as I thought. The grass in the foreground seems more three-dimensional than the fence.




These trees and sunbeams show decent 3D effects, but the effect isn't particularly strong. I'd like to try a thicker forest with more trees at near distances.




The 3D effect seems stronger in this late afternoon image of trees.




The next post will feature a 3D portrait of Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest home.   

1 comment:

  1. I liked the one of the fence the best. The grass was really clearly in the foreground with the fence behind. The smaller images are easy for me to see now - I can scroll from one to the next without losing the 3-D effect. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon