Monday, January 7, 2013

Poplar Forest 3D

Jeffersonian Architecture

Instructions for how to view stereo images with the cross-eye method can be found here, here, and hereClick on the images below for better viewing. When you click on these images they are displayed in new larger windows with fewer surrounding distractions.

I live about one mile from Thomas Jefferson's second home in Poplar Forest. Jefferson designed this octagonal house located on a hill in the midst of his plantation. The house was his private retreat from Monticello. The first stereo pair below shows the side and rear of the house. 





This next image shows the rear porch in particularly strong 3D even though the background trees on the left and right don't show properly. Concentrate on just the porch area. Don't be distracted by the fuzzy background.




I moved behind the house to capture this stereo pair.




Moving off further to my right gave another view of the back porch and a reflection of the late afternoon Sun.




Here's a view showing the wing of service rooms where the kitchen, laundry, smokehouse, and storage room were located.




Finally, here is a classic "tunnel view" along the walkway leading to the entrances of rooms located in the service wing.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

John Lennon